|| Non-canon warning!|
This article is about an episode or product that is not considered canon.
- This issue's story continues in Darkwing Duck #17.
DuckTales #5 was the fifth issue of the third DuckTales comic series, and the first part of the "Dangerous Currency" arc.
"Dangerous Currency - Part 1"Edit
| Written by:
|| Ian Brill
| Art by:
|| José Massaroli|
| Penciled by:
| Inked by:
| Lettered by:
|| Deron Bennett
| Colored by:
|| Braden Lamb
| Originally published in:
| This episode or comic book story is in need of a summary. You can help the Disney Afternoon Wiki by adding one.
- Warren Spector, who wrote the DuckTales comic's previous arc, was credited as a co-writer for this story arc. In actuality, however, Spector's only contribution to the story was advice on the Phantom Blot's characterization, as well as the idea of Magica teaming up with Cinnamon Teal, Camille Chameleon, and Ammonia Pine to form the League of Eve-il.
- Dr. Anna Matronic, Herb and Binkie Muddlefoot, Jambalaya Jake, J. Gander Hooter, John D. Rockerduck, Ma Beagle, Moliarty, Neptunia, Pete, Dr. Sara Bellum, Steelbeak, Stegmutt, Tank Muddlefoot, and Tuskernini are all featured on the "A" cover for this issue, but do not actually appear at any point in this story arc.
- Drake acts as though he and Fenton have never met before in their civilian identities, but they previously met when Fenton came to stay at Drake's house in "Tiff of the Titans".
- Huey, Dewey, Louie, Webby, Launchpad, and Gyro all seem to be well aware that Fenton is Gizmoduck's secret identity, despite that they never actually learned of it on the show.
- Throughout this crossover, Fenton's catchphrase, "Blabberin' blatherskite!" is written as "Blatherin' blatherskite."
This issue's story was reprinted in the Darkwing Duck / DuckTales: Dangerous Currency trade paperback.
| Disney Afternoon comic book issues